How many times did you miss something and wondered if Walmart or Target have the product before you drive to the store? Would you like to know how to check if Walmart has something in stock from the comfort of your home? Is this even possible? Luckily, it is; all you have to do is use a Walmart inventory checker.
Read on to learn why you need such a checker, what are the four best tools you can use, and how to make the most out of them.
If you’re new to inventory checkers, chances are you’re wondering why you need one in the first place. Things are simple.
An inventory checker saves you the frustration of walking or driving to your favorite store just to find out that the item you need is out of stock. But it can serve other purposes too.
For instance, imagine that you want to start a business on Amazon by doing retail arbitrage.
If you want your business to be successful, you have to find cheap stocks of products you can then sell at a higher price for a profit. It sounds neat, doesn’t it?
It’s just that you won’t be able to buy only one shampoo or one pair of slippers and resell them. An inventory checker, therefore, can help you figure out which stores in your area still have the discounted product on stock.
So, whether it’s for personal use or business, knowing how to check if Walmart has something in stock or any other store, as a matter of fact, is essential.
While there are many tools you could use, the following four are some of the most popular. Check them out below.
Brickseek is one of the most popular Walmart Inventory checkers; the service works for other superstores too, including Lowes, Target, Macy’s, BJs, Office Depot, and more. The website started out as a web app focused on helping LEGO collectors find the most sought-after sets both online and in-store, and it soon developed into a tool dedicated to all types of consumers.
According to its founders, it is the ultimate inventory checker you can use if you’re still shopping at brick and mortar stones, hence its name.
- Quick and easy to use inventory checker for most major brick and mortar stores.
- Deals and coupon finder for both online and brick and mortar stores.
- Community and forums for people interested in saving money while shopping.
- Intuitive interface and really easy to use service.
- No subscription required to check the inventory of your favorite brick and mortar stores.
Available in the USA, Canada, and the UK, Zoolert boasts a super-intuitive inventory checker that works just like the Brickseek’s. The website is free to use, and you don’t have to become a member to check the inventory of your favorite store. However, you can create an account if you want to receive alerts, such as free texts and emails, whenever the tool finds a product you’re looking for but have trouble finding.
Once you’re a member, you can also choose to receive alerts for price drops, as well as other custom alerts.
- Free online monitoring service for hot and hard to find products, either online or at brick and mortar stores.
- Convenient email and text alerts when prices drop or your products are in stock.
- Easy to create and cancel your membership whenever you want.
- Online product tracker for a wide range of product categories.
- Available in various countries.
Yes We Coupon might not be as intuitive to use as the other two services above, but the tool works in the exact same way. All you have to do is search for your favorite product, insert its number in the box, select the postcode, and press search.
While it is an exceptional Walmart inventory checker, the tool works for Walmart alone.
To counteract this limitation, the website encompasses a lot of coupons, deals, and other hot sections, including one dedicated to freebies.
- Excellent Walmart inventory checker tool.
- A useful resource for saving money at many online and offline stores, including Amazon, Victoria’s Secret, Target, and more.
- Free stuff section including freebies and promotions or contests to win free stuff.
- Deal finder and price drop tools, so you can always score the best possible deals.
- Black Friday deals and tips and tricks.
- Additional useful resources, including a blog and social media channels.
A rather new addition, Dexter Clearance was launched in 2017 with the aim of finding the coolest clearance deals in local stores. Like the other three tools above, it focuses on Walmart, although the developers say they are also committed to adding details for the Target stores.
The main advantage of this website is that it searches all local store inventories and publish the information for free, so you’ll never have to pay a dime for your deals.
Unlike the other websites above, Dexter Clearance doesn’t focus on online deals either; instead, it has multiple tools you can use to enhance your shopping experience at Walmart.
- Local inventory lookup for any products you want, as long as you know the product’s SKU or UPC.
- The random deal section shows the hottest current deals from Walmart. Just type in your postcode to find out if they are in stock near you.
- Email alerts for price drops; alerts are free, and all you need is to subscribe with your email address.
- UPC scanner function, suitable especially for those who want to make retail arbitrage.
- Super-simple interface and easy to use the website, despite the minimalistic graphics.
As you can see, there are quite a few tools you can use to find out if the product you want to buy is in stock.
Whether you’ve seen a discount, got a coupon, or desperately need your favorite shampoo, you can use any Walmart inventory checker to find out what’s the stock status.
But how to check if Walmart has something in stock? Where to find the SKU or UPC number?
Since all checkers use the same principle, we’re going to exemplify how to use it using the first checker on our list, Brickseek. Check out this step-by-step tutorial:
Step 1 – Go to Walmart website
Open up your browser and type Walmart in the search bar. Click on the website and in the search bar, type the name of the product you want to buy, then press enter on your keyboard.
Step 2 – Select the product you want to buy
Pick the product you want to buy from the search result list and click on it. This will open the product’s page.
For the purpose of this tutorial, we selected the OGX Shampoo Thick & Full Biotin and Collagen.
Step 3 – Copy the product’s SKU
On the new page, look up at the URL. You will notice that the last part of the URL is formed by a number. This is the product’s number, and you have to copy it to use in the Walmart inventory checker.
Simply select the number using your mouse and press the key combination CTRL+C on your keyboard.
Step 4 – Paste the number into Brickseek’s slot
Now, open the Brickseek website following the link indicated above. On the main page, paste the number you just copied into the SKU box and insert your postcode into the other box, then click the Check Inventory button.
Step 5 – Check the inventory and see if the product is available
We’re almost done; the last thing is to actually check the inventory and see if the product is available at your local store.
For our chosen example, the product comes at a 52% discount and maybe because of this, it is out of stock. If we had really wanted this shampoo, we would have walked to the local Walmart in vain, given that it’s not available in any of the Walmarts near central New York.
Despite being out of stock at Walmart, though, Brickseek also gives you the possibility to check if the product is in stock at online stores. So, if you really want this shampoo and are not in a hurry, you can order it from Walmart, Target, or Amazon.
To help you understand what happens if the product is in stock, we also searched for another shampoo available in Walmart stores in our area. As you can see, the tool not only tells you that the product is in stock, it also tells you how many units each store has.
Using Walmart inventory checker is essential if you don’t want to go to the store only to find out that the product you want is out of stock.
You can also use it for retail arbitrage purposes, as the tool tells you the quantity of product you can find in each store in your area.Regardless of your purpose, using such a tool is undoubtedly a win-win.